Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello There, 2011

Happy New Year!!
Dear 2010,
2011 came so fast, I don't think I had the chance to appropriately say goodbye to you. It seems like so many things happened over your last 12 months. I was a little sad at 11:59 last night as we were running up the stairs, champagne in hand, to catch the last 30 seconds of the countdown with friends, welcoming your successor. I will remember you fondly as the year of my marriage and the year which took me to Texas, along with a thousand other big and little memories. You will be missed.
Love, Sarah

This past year was definitely filled with a lot of happiness, but was not without a lot of tears through the tough transitions from Indiana to Texas. As difficult as it was sometimes (and still is, it was very hard leaving Indiana after Christmas) I can see God's hands all over 2010. Chris and I are SO excited to see what the Lord will do in 2011 and how He will reveal Himself to us even more. We woke up this morning with smiles on our faces knowing the next part of our lives was here. Together as a couple we have a lot of goals for this year, but of course I have my own set of personal resolutions.

Awww, yes. There it is. Resolutions. The word more associated with this first day of January than any other day of the year. Dare we even open that can of worms. YES!! What else did you expect? So, I'm going to stretch just a little bit and share with you my "11 Resolutions in 2011" Sound like a bit much maybe? Maybe. We'll see. Some will be little. But it just sounds right. Let's get going:

1. Pray for at least 5 minutes a day. This sounds so small but I was challenged when I read a blog post another day from a guy my husband follows. (Read the post here.) God has really blessed me in my prayer life more and has given me a desire to be more intentional in this way.
2. Email intentionally. I have a couple of friends abroad who are often on my mind but I am not very good about emailing consistently. I want to be. You know who you are!
3. Put laundry away. I'm notorious for doing laundry, laying the "wrinkle-ables" over the edge of the basket, then leaving the basket in the bedroom for 24+ hours. (Now you know my dirty laundry.)
4. Eat more fruits and veggies.
5. Use the gym membership we've paid for. Come on, you knew it'd make the list.
6. Read more. I love reading! 2010 was so busy I didn't read as much as I wanted to. Bring me the books!
7. Study hard. I am enrolled in a program to get my teaching certification. This is hopefully not a year-long resolution, but one for the first half of the year as I study to pass the tests I need to take in order to be hired in a school.
8. Break my worst habit. I pick at my hangnails constantly and it's horrible! It must stop! I'm tired of it, but do it subconsciously so this will be hard to break. My thumbs will thank me though.
9. Study a book of the Bible I have not given much attention. Long one or short one? I just want to know my God more.
10. File the mail in a timely fashion. Counters be clear!
11. Continue my love affair with Reese's Peanut Butter cups!

And there you have it! And this is the last year for so many resolutions. Chris thinks I'm being a little over the top and he's probably right. We'll check back in, in a couple of months.

Happy New Year and good luck to you and all of your resolutions.


*Apologizes for my wordless last post! I had typed a good bit then entered pictures but the text got deleted and I was really not happy with the idea of re-typing it. What you see.. the lazy approach! Christmas was absolutely fantastic! We had such a good time being back in Indiana with my family and those were only a fraction of the pictures. One of these days, more will be put on Facebook. Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'll hold you to #2! :-) As for #8, it's really ironic you mentioned that because that is my EXACT wost habit as well. My poor fingers look all bloodied and "torn up." It's so gross and I'm so embarrassed. So, let's try and break the habit together! Happy New Year girl! Love you! :-)